Recorded October 23rd, 2016
In their inaugural episode, MuniciPALs tackle two issues that are simple on their face, but more multi-faceted the deeper you dig.
David leads a discussion on what protected bike lanes in Washington, D.C. have to do with race & class, Dylan discusses the challenges of mitigating the effects of climate change on cities using his hometown of Boston as an example, and Brit serves as the ever-insightful peanut gallery, with a few tidbits of his own.
Show Notes/Further Reading:
- When a Bike Lane Debate Isn't Just About Bicycling
- Three Churches Open to Compromise on Shaw Bike Lane
- Building Equity: Race, Class, and Protected Bike Lanes
Sea Level Rise:
- Boston Canals
- Boston's precarious flooding situation
- How Boston is preparing for rising seas
- Radical Ideas for restructuring Boston
- Retrofitting Boston's infrastructure for Sea Rise
We want to hear your thoughts & reactions! Email us at email@example.com